All photos are of legal medical grows, as defined by the State of California, and the county in which they were taken.

FOR BLOG ARCHIVE CURSE DOWN LOWER RIGHT

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Pressed Balls . . .

Pressing..  now here “at the Dog Pound” pressing really doesn’t mean “pressing”. . .  Let me lay down more foundation. we don’t press the usual way.. by heat and pressure,  Most people, heat it to soften, then press it by squeezing, with rolling pin, car jack, or twist screw….well we do squeeze sort of, but kinda low impact.

We start by weighing out one (01) gram units of any Bubble, or Dry Sieve powder that we have deemed worthy of this process. Once that is done, we have these pieces of 3 inch by 3 inch squares of cut t shirt or boxer shorts. High end material that has some type elastic pull to it.  Deposit the Bubble powder dead center. then work and pull it into a ball,

Now some like to use “dry heat” in which case…. just lay it on a heater for 10 or 15 minutes. Now I like to drop mine in boiling water for about 5 seconds then let it dry. whatever the case I DO NOT squeeze or press the ball. I have…. but I feel  it changes the hash. Oh don’t get me wrong… it still does what God intended it to do, but the smoke is a more, deeper, hardy type. I like the lighter smoke that is produced by not touching the ball  until ready. I let the natural pull of the elastic clothe pull the powder together…. it produces such a nice tight ball, with a firm case hardened exterior, and a soft light fragrant interior, with the texture of warm brie …. that is a joy to cut open….. yeah man….

and if you can manage to keep a jar full of em, curing for a few months

GEDC1523  once pulled into a ball, we use bread or plant ties to wrap the ball up tight as in the photo.

GEDC1522  and Viola….

GEDC1505       a nice little line of one gram balls  

GEDC1517  nice looking…. yeah

    GEDC1852     can u smell that?    Whoa….

GEDC1847 GEDC1843        Or slice it off in slabs like a bread loaf.

GEDC1553

Personally I heat it prior to putting it in the bowl I just hold a flame up to the ball, finger, patty, or whatever shape. hold the hash over a flame, Then once it warms,I scratch, or rub till it falls off the ball, in a fluffy pile, or rite into the bowl.  I think you‘ll find it’s also a smoother smoke this way.

I'm hoping to wrap em a few handfuls up in foil like this

GEDC2466

GEDC2457  and give em away for Xmas….. Canna Kisses.

1 comment: