All photos are of legal medical grows, as defined by the State of California, and the county in which they were taken.

FOR BLOG ARCHIVE CURSE DOWN LOWER RIGHT

Monday, March 14, 2016

An old, lost.... "pinching trick " technique......

Back in the day... some might remember this technique... Ive been using it all these years it really works.. Your faking the "Pinching" or topping the plant...when your really not. Your tricking the plant into thinking it's gotten topped. When the sun don't hit your leading branch tips, it tells itself to send all the good "growing" fluids to lower  limbs usually the next tallest, and proudest. It really works.

First I'll need to get one of my clone keg cups.. any cup will work long as its colored and will block the lite.. then it has to have  some holes on the bottom for air flow.

This is the way I make my solo keg cups for my rooted clones.  That's my pencil soldering iron, that's how I put the drainage holes in the cups.

Perfect for what we are doing.... lets in air....... keeps out most of the light..... I've did this technique  with out holes also but it makes your plant tips wet and you have to lift  them off daily so they can dry... I found putting holes for air that I can leave the cup  on for two  or three days.. before taking them off.



Makes great  holes

You can also just bend the tip over and tie it in a upside down "U".... the tip now pointing at the ground. Leave it that way for 2 or 3 days... any longer will put a kink in the main stem at the bend.

Your just trying to get some of those growth hormones into lower  limbs without topping the plant...by tricking it...and  by moving the cup  to different plant tips you can coax lower limbs to grow...

Just drop over tip for a few days
I usually do a few tips at once, and just keep rotating the cups till I get the shape I'm looking for...
 
 
Cups in action.
 
 So anyways that's how I do it...... try it .....
 
 

         until again...