All photos are of legal medical grows, as defined by the State of California, and the county in which they were taken.

FOR BLOG ARCHIVE CURSE DOWN LOWER RIGHT

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

WAXED TWINE ?

So hey what you guys think about this new waxed hemp twine craze. U-No….some brands are, Bee-line, I-Tal HempWick, and there's some others.
What’s the deal with waxed twine? Now an old fool like myself, always looking for a better way, thought I’d go find out. Went on down to, GlassRoots. I’ve been using I-Tal HempWick for awhile here recently. I’m kinda liking it. You do have to have a candle burning to make it a viable venture, or what the heck, you’d have to use a lighter to light the wick, then go to the bowl..what??? like .. every hit….. give me a break.
Some Pros:
  • I like using it specially when your burning bubble or any concentrate, where it’s a multiple “spark-ing” situation. Definitely saves your lighter.
  • it also allows you to get flame deep into the bowl, hard to do with a BIC, without burning your thumb (Yeow!!!!).
  • Makers say it’s a “Clean-er” burn.. no lighter gas fumes, etc.
Some Cons:
  • a candle burning, IMHO is a “Have-to”
  • Hard to use on “the move”, it’s more a “at home” thing
  • another thing to buy
Some other facts made available on Bee-Line’s Web Site.
  • Beeswax is one of nature’s most perfect products. It is self preserving and contains a multitude of beneficial ingredients
  • Bee wax is one of the only known fuels which emits balanced, air cleansing negative ions (thus removing toxins and purifying the air).
  • Beeswax burns brighter, longer and cleaner than any man made wax (which are by-products of the petroleum industry).
  • Studies have shown that burning beeswax stimulates the pituitary gland, increasing intuition, creativity and heighten dream activity.
  • The spectrum of light from burning beeswax is identical to that of the sun.
Hey their Web Site is full of trippy facts….
I really like using it, just hate buying it. Again, as I mentioned, when your burning bubble, or oil, you can’t beat it. I’m going to try the “Bee-Line” this next go round. I’m sure it’s mostly the same. Someone told me there is a slight difference in taste between to two. Hey There’s tutorials online on how to make your own. I’m thinking about giving it a try. If do you’ll be there………
Hey what else an old foolio gonna do with his day. Although I am thinking about trying some painting, oil or watercolor.. don’t laugh.
So I'll be coming back on this jin a day or so, after I have throughly used both brands of HempWick.
Damn!!! FLASHBACK.....Back in the day... in another life. When a guy was walking up the big 20 foot high doors of the West Block in San Quentin, the smell of burning paper would fill your nose. San Quentin for some reason at that time(early 90's) did not allow convicts in the West Block to buy lighters. So 4 out of 5 cells had a rope of toilet paper, they made. Some as long as 30 ft. hey... no joke. these toilet paper ropes were called "Wicks" by convicts and cops. The thing was!!! they stayed lit, and smoldered all day. Inside the block it was like low laying fog. Yeah.. that flashback.. was triggered by "wicks".... no thing.....

The Dog Pound Recommends the use of Waxed Hemp

No comments:

Post a Comment